Terror stalks the nightmare realms of Ravenloft in this campaign sourcebook for the world’s greatest roleplaying game. No one knows this better than monster scholar Rudolph Van Richten. To arm a new generation against the creatures of the night, Van Richten has compiled his correspondence and case files into this tome of eerie tales and chilling truths.
- Travel (perhaps even by choice) to Ravenloft’s expanded Domains of Dread—each domain with its own unique flavor of horror, thrilling story hooks, and grisly cast of characters.
- Craft your own D&D horror settings, add tension with optional rules, and get advice for running a game that’s ghastly in all the right ways.
- Create characters with lineages tied to vampires, undead, and hags, horror-themed subclasses, the Investigator background, and “Dark Gifts” that may be a double-edged sword.
- Unleash nightmarish monsters from an expanded bestiary, and browse a collection of mysterious trinkets.
- Explore Ravenloft in the included Dungeons & Dragons adventure—play as a stand-alone adventure or drop it into your current game for a bit of sinister fun.